As you all know, at Graduate we appreciate sneakers and especially the retro runner. Very much in vogue this year, it offers a multitude of advantages starting with an attractive style that fits perfectly with all types of styles. Ready to transcend your outfits thanks to its minimalist and colorful design, the retro runner sneaker will prove to be a must-have in your SS20 wardrobe. Through this article we will offer you a series of inspirations and our look ideas to highlight your vintage runner pairs.
1 – Monochrome look: Blue jeans lovers (total denim look)
Denim look is a must-have for the spring season. This workwear-inspired monochromatic outfit is combined with the legendary Asics Tiger Corsair. The combination of these pieces is consistent and offers an irresistible style. This outfit is composed of a Universal Works jacket, a pair of pants from the same brand and a pair of Asics shoes.
– Pants : Universal Work Track trouser summer denim Indigo
– Sneakers : Asics Tiger corsair White/red
2 – Casual look: Cool and casual
Retro runner sneakers have to look casual. A real favourite, the Asics Gel 1090 is a sneaker with a dad-shoe spirit. The particularity of the latter is that it can be easily associated with all types of outfits. Here, it is associated with loose pants of the parisian brand A.P.C. and a striped shirt NN07.
– Pants : A.P.C. Pantalon kaplan Anthracite
– Sneakers : Asics Gel 1090 White black
3 – Look Streetwear: A way of life
Let’s be honest, a sneaker will always look great with a streetwear look. For this outfit we have chosen to highlight the Asics Gel Lyte 5. For an urban outfit to be perfect, you have to make sure that the pieces match each other in terms of colour. That’s why we’ve combined the pair with ultra-colourful pants from Stüssy and a carhartt t-shirt.
– Pants : Stüssy Fleur Stripe beach pant Navy
– Sneakers : Asics Gel-lyte V White/black
4 – Urban Chic Look: Be at ease
The urban chic look is sometimes akin to gymnastics of style. Indeed, to succeed in this exercise, you must first and foremost give free rein to your desires and avoid errors of taste. The ideal is not to take too great a risk and to bet on basic pieces. For this outfit, we have chosen to highlight the lovely Adidas SL 80. The latter is combined with an A.P.C. jacket, Edwin jeans and an AMI Paris t-shirt.
– T-shirt : AMI Paris t-shirt ami de coeur Blanc
– Jeans : Edwin Slim tapered kaihara stretch Indigo rinsed
– Sneakers : Adidas Sl 80 navy red
5 – Printed look: Fashion was better before
The printed look is a must this season! Indeed, the printed pieces bring a particular dynamic and a lot of freshness to your outfits. The Adidas SL 72 was chosen for the composition of this look. So, we decided to combine it with AMI Paris cigarette pants and a Carhartt shirt that stands out with its floral prints.
– Shirt : Carhartt WIP S/s hawaian shirt floral print white
– Pants : AMI Paris pantalon cigarette argile
– Sneakers : Adidas SL 72 Green orange
6 – Offbeat look: A touch of audacity
With this look, we’re stepping out of our comfort zone by proposing an original style, far from conventional precepts. To achieve this, we have combined different universes, combining casual and basic pieces. Thus, this outfit is composed of the inevitable Adidas Country Green, an AMI Paris blazer, Edwin shorts and a Stüssy hoodie. Accessories enhance the whole outfit.
– Veste : AMI Paris Veste deux boutons Argile
– Hoodie : Stüssy Stock logo app. hoodie Cement
– Short : EDWIN Chiba short light canvas black
– Sneakers : Adidas originals Country Green
– Sacoche : Cahartt WIP Delta strap bag nylon black
– Bob : Stüssy Big logo canvas bucket hat black
7 – Look effortless: simple and effective
What better than a set to compose an effortless look. Indeed, a coordinated outfit is relatively simple to achieve. For our part, we decided to make it very simple by combining a Universal Works ensemble with an NN07 shirt. The outfit comes with the New Balance MLC100JB.
– Overshirt : Universal Works MW chore overshirt twill raisin
– Chemisette : NN07 Miyagi knit 6380 Saffron
– Pantalon : Universal Works Double pleat pant twill Raisin
Sneakers : New Balance MLC100JB wek103 Yellow
8 – Summer Look : Tropicool
Take the pressure off and create your summer look with lightweight pieces. Summer is often an opportunity to assert your style and explore new associations. So we have combined Ralph Lauren Polo pieces with summer colours accentuated by the presence of flowery patterns. The ensemble is energized by the fascinating ASICS GEL LYTE 3 OG
– Short : Polo Ralph Lauren Traveller swim short Floral green
– Sneakers : Asics Sportstyle GEL Lyte 3 OG White Yellow
9 – Utility look: It’s in the pocket
The utility look is a must-have for fans of urban outfits. Mainly composed of techwear pieces, the utility style is ideal for people looking for comfort. Here we have combined an Engineered Garment vest, a Carhartt WIP T-shirt and Stone Island shorts. The New Balance 670 makes the whole thing look great.
– Gilet : Engineered Garments Field vest pc poplin Khaki
– T-shirt : Carhartt WIP S/s chase t-shirt Black
– Short : Stone Island L07wa cargo bermuda v0129 Nero
– Sneakers : New balance 670 wek195 Black
10 – Striped look: For a millimeter look
To conclude this series of looks, we have decided to offer you a “striped look”. Striped patterns are an excellent way to give relief to an outfit. This outfit is composed of two Engineered Garments and an Adidas SL 80.
– Pantalon : Engineered Garments Carlyle pant cotton wabash Stripe indigo
– Sneakers : Adidas Originals SL 80 Navy red